The best natural hair dye lets you transform your hair color without any harsh chemical.
This product is usually made with minerals tints or plant extracts and is suitable for home use.
It usually contains less than 1 percent chemical compared to other mainstream brands that have about 5-6 percent, that different means a lot.
If you are interested in natural hair dyes, this comprehensive guide and review are precisely for you.
- The Natural Hair Dye Buying Guide for 2017
- Things to Know Before You Go
- Top Five Natural Hair Dyes Review
- 1. Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing – Best Hair Dye for Natural African American Hair
- 2. ONC Natural Colors Healthier – Best Hair Dye for Natural Black Hair
- 3. Daeng Gi Meo Ri Medicinal Herb – Best Natural Black Hair Dye
- 4. Tints of Nature Permanent Color 4N – Best Hair Dye for Natural Hair
- 5. Natural Red Henna – Best Natural Red Hair Dye
- In Conclusion
The Natural Hair Dye Buying Guide for 2017
What factors do you need to consider when buying a natural hair dye?
- Believable colors: The best colors aren’t likely to look flat or brassy – two issues that affect lesser-quality natural products.
- Easy-to-use applicators: Awkward applicators and drippy formulas might make things difficult and messy. The best product kits include useful tools: precise applicator nozzles, easy-to-control highlighting wands, and strong gloves.
- Creamy texture: To solve the dripping problem, some of the top products come in foam or cream formulations, which is less likely to drip and is thicker, even enabling you to multi-task while you wait for your color to develop without resulting in a mess.
- A non-irritating, non-damaging formula: The best natural hair product won’t damage or fly your hair or even inflame your skin when you follow the instructions. Some brands even leave your hair smoother and shinier than before.
Here is a video that shows you how to apply natural hair dye.
Things to Know Before You Go
Before you hit the market to but the best natural hair dye, you need to ask yourself some of these questions:
- Am I looking for a dramatic change? – Stick with colors that have two to three shades darker or lighter than your current hue. For anything dramatic, you need to visit a salon.
- Am I going lighter? – You will most likely require a permanent hair hue.
- Do I want to cover some grays? – Here, a semi or demi-permanent dye will do the trick.
- Are my roots showing? – Try a temporary root hinder.
- Is my hair damaged? – Go for semi or demi-permanent hair hues.
Top Five Natural Hair Dyes Review
1. Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing – Best Hair Dye for Natural African American Hair
This brand is well known for manufacturing affordable hair products that are pleasant and nourishing to use, and this natural dye is no exception. This is a permanent dye that boasts of a very rich hue that comes out smoothly and stays visible for a long time. This product features a blend of nourishing olive, shea oils, and avocado which prevent your hair from drying out when coloring it and help to keep it healthy.
The dye also features grape oil which offers nourishing effects immediately, when you begin to dye it. Many people really enjoy this product because it comes with a thick consistency that is quite easy to apply effectively, and it has a bottle applicator that is perfect for a beginner to use.
The product also comes with a superb conditioner that you may use after rinsing your hair and then continue to use it later, which leaves your hair shiny and smells very nice. If you have long hair, it is advisable to purchase multiple boxes to enjoy the best results from this dye.
- Smells very nice
- Comes with nourishing elements
- Adds shine to your hair due to even color
- You might require 2 boxes
2. ONC Natural Colors Healthier – Best Hair Dye for Natural Black Hair
This is a revolutionary natural hair product that is able to offer you the beautiful color you are searching for without any risks of chemical and commercial laden hair dyes. ONC really cares about your hair health as well as your well-being, which is why this product was designed from the ground up to be safe, extremely effective, and healthy.
The product features certified organic elements that add shine to and smooth your hair. These elements also ensure that your dye is an effective gray coverage product. The product protects your hair damage and doesn’t contain any unhealthy ammonia element that is often used in harsh dyes to open your cuticle.
In addition, the pH value of this dye is much lower than other chemical hair dyes and the majority of natural hair colors. After washing your hair, the pH value falls to a neutral figure. The product totally closes the scale layer of your hair and its color doesn’t fade, making is a good product for a natural and permanent solution. The product is available in 2 highlight shades and 28 shades.
- Easy to use dye
- Long lasting effect
- Contains no harsh chemicals
- Hard to choose the light shade
3. Daeng Gi Meo Ri Medicinal Herb – Best Natural Black Hair Dye
Daeng Gi is a directly-decorated medicinal dye that makes each of your hair strands stronger and more beautiful. The product comes with ingredients like the directly decorated medicinal herb element of Cnidium Officinale, Mugwort (Artmesia princeps), and Ginseng that scalp irritation and minimize your hair damage while nourishing your hair strands.
The product offers pleasant and healthier hair dyeing experience that eliminate of foul smell via ‘no ammonia’ preservation or prescription. It also minimizes irritation that is usually caused by hair product that comes with P-Phenylenediamine (PPD). This is a leading product that is used to develop allergies. The dye also contains Keratin, a hair protein that protects damaged hair from drying out. It also features a natural moisturizing element that offers a higher moisturizing effect to your hair.
The product’s medical herb elements such as Chrysanthemum indicum and Korean ginseng offer nutrition to your scalp as well as hair, reducing itching while improving your scalp health. This, one of the best natural hair dye products, has a beautiful color, is easy to apply, and leads to a natural look.
- It comes in an amazing color
- Results in a more natural look
- It is easy to apply
- Might not last long
4. Tints of Nature Permanent Color 4N – Best Hair Dye for Natural Hair
This firm works to bring you the best hair care products of the best quality with 100 % natural elements which are highly effective and gentle. The elements used for hair dye include certified natural extract, organic comfrey extract, organic aloe vera, organic grapefruit, and orange. Additionally, all products from this firm claim to have no animal elements and also they are never tested on animals. This is also true of the 4N natural hair dye.
This product allows your hair to be lightened by a shade and half and even darkened by different shades. The product also used different ingredients such as low-grade peroxide, which doesn’t damage your hair. With every carton of this product, you get to enjoy color fix as well as shampoo and conditioner sachets. You also get to enjoy plastic gloves and color gel to ensure that your hair looks perfect.
It is very easy to apply this product and is easy on your hair. What is even amazing is that all the ingredients used bring a specific purpose. For instance, organic comfrey is used to heal your hair while roman chamomile is a type of an essential oil.
- No breakage of hair
- It is odorless
- Doesn’t dry your hair
- Conditioners and shampoo aren’t friendly
5. Natural Red Henna – Best Natural Red Hair Dye
This is a 100 percent nature pure hair dye. It is a product that has been used for many decades and is made with the highest quality standards to ensure that it satisfy your needs. The henna gives you a natural looking amazing red hair that will make people fall in love with your head.
The product is manufactured by Henna Maiden that offers a wide range of colors that you may choose from. Using a special mix of natural herbs, henna, and botanicals ensure that this dye is unlike any other on the shelves today. It is here to give you an experience of a lifetime.
Henna protects your hair shaft so it often looks translucent and natural, especially in the sun. It makes your hair stronger, more manageable and healthier with tons of bounce and shine. The product also smooth split ends, cleanses your scalp, and protects your hair from elements, your promoting hair growth. It acts like a mask for your scalp. The other great thing about this product is that it doesn’t burn or blister your hair as it doesn’t contain ammonia, PPD or metallic salts.
- It lasts long
- An affordable product
- No harmful chemicals
- Time-consuming when applying
Here are things that you should know before using henna.
Coloring hair for a new look or even gray coverage has become a routine for many people, but you shouldn’t be tempted to use commercial dyes that often come with chemical elements that are harmful to both your hair and the environment. Instead, go for the above best natural hair dye to ensure that your hair isn’t damaged. And check out the following 7 most asked questions about using hair dye.
One of the best dyes that you will find on the market today is the Garnier Nutrisse Nourishing Color Crème. This is a permanent dye that boosts of a very rich hue that comes out smoothly and stays visible for a long time. This product features a blend of nourishing olive, shea oils, and avocado which prevent your hair from drying out when coloring it and help to keep it healthy.